ACHE of Iowa President Update
Members of the American College of Healthcare Executives of Iowa:
My name is Ann York, and I am honored to serve as the 2014 president of the American College of Healthcare Executives of Iowa. I am an associate professor in the Master of Healthcare Administration program at Des Moines University teaching primarily Health Care Economics and Policy. I have been a member of ACHE for over 20 years, have served on the Board for 4 years, and am proud to have achieved Fellow status in 2013.
Members of ACHE automatically become members of ACHE of Iowa with no additional dues. Our mission is to provide professional development for our members though continuing education and networking. On behalf of the Executive Committee and Board, I would like to share our Chapter’s recent accomplishments and plans for 2014.
Last year was very productive for ACHE of Iowa under the leadership of Dave Hickman:
- Committees were established for Education and Program Planning, Finance, Membership and Advancement, and Communication. Membership on the committees includes both Board members and other members of ACHE of Iowa.
- A succession plan for the Executive Team was established.
- We began the process to change our name change from IAHL to the ACHE of Iowa in order to better communicate who we are.
- A term limits policy for Board members was drafted to allow more members of the Chapter to move into leadership positions.
- Board members began giving updates at Iowa Hospital Association district quarterly meetings to enhance communication to all areas of the state
- Expand educational opportunities throughout the state.
- Enhance communication with members using social media and newsletters.
- Build upon the diversity and inclusion efforts of ACHE.
- Encourage members to advance to Fellow.
- Reach out to and mentor students and early careerists.
This is an exciting and challenging time in health care. Together we can make a difference. Please plan to get involved with the Chapter – serve on a committee, attend an event, invite colleagues to join ACHE. Visit http://iowa.ache.org/ for Chapter news, updates to our educational / networking calendar, sponsors, advancement information, strategic plan and much more.
Thank you for being a member of ACHE and the Iowa Chapter. I wish each of you a successful 2014.
Ann M. York, PhD, FACHE
IAHL Chapter President
Please Welcome Our 2014 IAHL Board
(From Left to Right - Top) Eric Briesemeister, Tom Mulrooney, Tim Ahlers, Mikki Stier, Kevin Kincaid, David Stark, David Hickmann (Bottom) Beth Jaggers, James Atty, Ann York, PhD, Tom Vaughn, PhD, Hodge Carter
Beth Jaggers Receives ACHE Regent Award
Elizabeth A. “Beth” Jaggers from the University of Iowa was the recipient of the Regent Award for Excellence and Service at the IAHL annual meeting. Beth has been instrumental in our chapter board for promoting communication, establishing new committees and lending her time and energy to make us better. She is well deserving of the award and we look forward to her continued involvement and contribution.
Meet Our New Regent for Iowa, David A. Stark, FACHE
David is president/COO, executive vice president, at Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines. He previously served ACHE as a member the Regents Advisory Council. He begins his three-year term on March 9, 2013 during the Congress on Healthcare Leadership in Chicago. David can be reached at (515) 241-6602 or email@example.com.
Please extend your thanks to outgoing Regent for Iowa, Mikki K. Stier, FACHE, for all her hard work. She can be reached at (515) 282-2449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive Face-to-Face ACHE Credits at these Iowa Events!