ACHE of Iowa
Message from the Regent
Hello ACHE of Iowa Members!
ACHE’s 2018-20 Strategic Plan was approved in November and introduced at Congress. The plan reaffirms that ACHE’s value is most pronounced through its role as the leading educator of management capabilities for healthcare executives – a role that is more important than ever given the dynamic healthcare environment. The plan, along with ACHE’s mission, vision and values, can be accessed at the following link: http://www.ache.org/abt_ache/Strategic_plan_map.pdf. I encourage you to download and save the plan.
Our American College of Healthcare Executives held its 61st Congress on Healthcare Leadership in March. Heather Rohan, FACHE, was elected Chairman-Elect for the ACHE. Heather is President of HCA’s TriStar Division in Brentwood, Tennessee. She served as Regent for Eastern Florida in 2011-12 and served on ACHE’s Board of Governors since 2015. Heather will succeed current Chair David Olson, FACHE. David is Chief Strategy Officer for Froedtert Health in Milwaukee.
Congratulations to those members who have recently re-certified as Fellows!
• Amy O’Deen, FACHE, Senior Assistant Director, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
• Mikki Stier, FACHE, Deputy Director, Iowa Dept. of Health & Human Services
• Scott Kallemeyn, FACHE, Executive Director, Surgery Center Cedar Rapids
• Douglas Morse, FACHE, CEO, Hansen Family Hospital, Iowa Falls
• Eric Lothe, FACHE, Senior VP & COO, UnityPoint Health-Des Moines
Welcome to these new members!
• Ashley Umberger-Marciniak, Nurse Manager, Crossing Rivers Health
• Linn Block, Chief Clinical Officer, Manning Regional Healthcare Center
• Joseph Kim, Administrative Fellow, UnityPoint Health-Cedar Rapids
• Brooke Kensinger, CEO, Central Community Hospital, Elkader
This year’s president of ACHE of Iowa is Tom Mulrooney. If you have ideas on how to improve ACHE of Iowa, contact Tom at Thomas.Mulrooney@unitypoint.org.
If would like to serve on one of ACHE of Iowa’s committees, contact these chairpersons:
• Tim Chwirka, Education & Program Planning, Timothy.Chwirka@unitypoint.org
• Erin Baldwin, Communications, email@example.com
• Sam Schone, Membership & Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org
I also encourage you to save the ACHE of Iowa website on your desktop for easy reference to educational and networking events sponsored by ACHE of Iowa. Just click on http://iowa.ache.org and save it to your desktop.
For easy access to ACHE publications, search for ACHE Publications in the App Store and download it to your phone. The app works great and allows you to search for past issues and articles from ACHE’s three excellent publications:
• Frontiers of Health Services Management
• Healthcare Executive
• Journal of Healthcare Management
Strong leadership is necessary for quality health care. Gain the knowledge and networking you need through ACHE of Iowa. Stay strong in your health care leadership.
Dave Hickman, FACHE
ACHE Regent for Iowa