ACHE of Iowa
Message from the Regent
Hello ACHE of Iowa Members!
As health care executives, none of us are at a loss of things to do. From the minute we start our day until the time we close our email feed at night, we work on numerous projects, programs, and deadlines. Do you sometimes wonder if all of these projects and programs are making a difference? What should we be working on? In Christian tradition, the prophet Isaiah said “Listen to me, you that pursue righteousness, you that seek the Lord, return to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.” In other words, remember your foundation, your bedrock principles. In grad school we learned to improve healthcare by reducing cost, improving quality, and increasing access. Victor Hugo said “Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots.” So, in the midst of juggling all those priorities, keep the main thing the main thing…let your leadership principles be your guide.
Congratulations to those members who have recently re-certified as Fellows!
- Brian Evans, FACHE, CEO, Clark Co. Hospital
- Daniel Gillette, MD, FACHE, VP, Behavioral Health, Unity Point Health-St. Lukes
- Jason Harrington, FACHE, CEO, Lakes Regional Healthcare
- Marcia Hendricks, RN, FACHE, CEO, Madison County Health Care System
- Michelle Cassabaum, FACHE, COO/CFO, 21st Century Rehab
- Jay Willsher, FACHE
- Todd Linden, FACHE, CEO, Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Michelle Niermann, FACHE, COO, UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s Hospital
- Lynn Whisler, FACHE, VP Operations, Mary Greeley Medical Center
- Tom Mulrooney, FACHE, VP Surgical/Cardiovascular Services, UnityPoint Health-Des Moines
- Steve Simonin, FACHE, CEO, Iowa Specialty Hospitals & Clinics
And, welcome to these new members!
- Carol Ayangbile, Director Patient Experience/Inpatient Business Ops, UnityPoint Health Trinity
- Robert Heen, COO, The Iowa Clinic
- AJ Smith, Decision Support Coordinator, Mary Greeley Medical Center
- Linda Wendt, RN, Executive Director, Payor Strategies, UnityPoint Clinic
- Tobin Jacks, MD, Iowa Department of Corrections
- Jan Myers, Director, Skiff Medical Center
- Phil Stover, CEO, Medical Oncology & Hematology Associates
- Lisa Curnes, VA Central Iowa Health Care System
- Marianne Hellums
- Jayson Pullman, CEO, Haywarden Regional Healthcare
- Chelsea Van Vark, Administrative Fellow, Mercy Medical Center-Des Moines
- Anna Cigrand
- Gwen Larsen
- Brett LeFevre
- Christen Sewell, Radiation Therapist, UnityPoint Health
- John Stoebe, JD, Law Clerk, ARAG Legal Insurance
- Benjamin Taylor, Administrative Fellow, Trinity Health
- Katie Tunning, Manager, Data Analytics, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
ACHE of Iowa’s Education Committee is working on our calendar of events for 2017. Our goal is to provide you with enough face-to-face credits in Iowa to recertify for your FACHE Board certification without leaving the state.
If you are interested in serving on a committee for ACHE of Iowa, go to the leadership section of our website http://iowa.ache.org/index.php/leadership/ and contact the chairperson of the committee you are interested in serving on.
Check out our newly updated ACHE of Iowa website: http://iowa.ache.org. Save it to your desktop for quick access to our educational events calendar, newsletters, chapter leadership and job board.
Strong leadership is necessary for quality health care. Gain the knowledge and networking you need through ACHE of Iowa. Stay strong in your health care leadership.
Dave Hickman, FACHE
ACHE Regent for Iowa