Hello ACHE of Iowa Members!
I listened to a political journalist recently who reviewed the current bills in Congress to replace the Affordable Care Act. He described some of the forces in our country that are changing our policies: a drop in median income, increased diversity, insecurity, the constant flood of information. He is a political science professional, and sees the world from a political perspective. I have also recently heard financial experts estimating the cost of these healthcare proposals, and, of course, these experts have a financial perspective. We are healthcare leaders. We need to see these proposals from a healthcare leadership perspective: leading the way to organize and provide quality, affordable, and accessible healthcare in the communities we serve. ACHE can give us the tools to lead healthcare.
Congratulations to the following member who has advanced to Fellow and is now board-certified in healthcare management!
- Samuel T. Schone, FACHE, Director of Innovation and Mercy Connect, Mercy-Des Moines
And, congratulations to those members who have recently re-certified as Fellows!
- Carl Behne, FACHE, CEO, Greene County Medical Center
- David H. Hickman, FACHE, VP, Mercy Health Network
Welcome to these new members!
- Michelle Posten, CPA, Associate Administrator, Genesis Health System
- Todd Richard, VP of Operations, UnityPoint at Home
- Suman Tandra, MD, CMIO, Mercy Medical Center-Sioux City
- Julie Behr, Director of Lab Operations, UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s Hospital
- Julie Brinegar, Executive Director, Iowa City Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Jonathan DuBois, Senior Imaging Technologist, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Kelsey Hinton, Admin Chief of Staff, UnityPoint Health
- Jay Mitchell, Regional Director of Enterprise Ambulatory Solutions, Allscripts
- Ryshawn Peer, Strategic Program Manager, UnityPoint Health-Allen Hospital
- Steven Rippentrop, MD, Medical Director, UI Occupational Health
- Kerry Bruning, Assistant Vice President, Allscripts
- Levi Gause, MD, VP of Health system Informatics & CMIO, Great River Health Systems
- Jeff Jarding, Clinics Administrator, Broadlawns Medical Center
- Erick Laine, MD, EVP & COO, UnityPoint Physicians & Clinics
- Eric Linson, Admin Director, University of Iowa Health Care
- Mary Shoemaker, Director, UnityPoint Clinic
ACHE of Iowa’s Education Committee is working on our calendar of events for the remainder of 2017. Our goal is to provide you with enough face-to-face credits in Iowa to certify for your FACHE Board certification without leaving the state.
- Pick up 3.0 face-to-face credits by attending the ACHE seminar on Wednesday, October 11 during IHA’s 2017 Annual Meeting at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center in Des Moines. The presenter is Mary-Ellen Pichè, FACHE, one of ACHE’s highest-rated speakers. Mary Ellen’s topic is about reaching excellence in the patient experience. Registration will be available at ihaannualmeeting.net (note: link currently inactive/unavailable, but information will be available soon).
Plan to attend ACHE of Iowa’s Annual Meeting on October 11. This is a breakfast meeting during IHA’s Annual Meeting in Des Moines. Hear brief updates on ACHE and ACHE of Iowa, congratulate chapter service award winners, and network with your colleagues. Watch for details at www.ihaannualmeeting.net (note: link currently inactive/unavailable, but information will be available soon).
Interested in serving on a committee for ACHE of Iowa? Go to the leadership section of our website http://iowa.ache.org/index.php/leadership/ and contact the chairperson of the committee you are interested in serving on.
Check out our newly updated ACHE of Iowa website: http://iowa.ache.org. Save it to your desktop for quick access to our educational events calendar, newsletters, chapter leadership and job board.
Strong leadership is necessary for quality healthcare. Gain the knowledge and networking you need through ACHE of Iowa. Stay strong in your healthcare leadership.
David Hickman, FACHE
ACHE Regent for Iowa