Hello ACHE of Iowa Members!
It’s not difficult to know what some of our pressing issues are in healthcare today. The issues are in the headlines almost every day and they raise important questions: How can we provide health insurance in a way that everyone has access to healthcare services? Should insurance companies be required to offer a set of essential services? If so, what are they? Can we find a way to provide behavioral health services to all who need it? How much uncompensated care can hospitals and providers be expected to provide? Especially now, providers and populations need healthcare leaders who are grounded in knowledge and principles to advocate for those we serve.
Now more than ever.
Congratulations to those members who have recently re-certified as Fellows!
- Joshua Brewster, FACHE, Director of Social Services, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Edward Brown, FACHE, CEO, The Iowa Clinic
- Michele Dane, FACHE, Director of Business Development, Genesis Health System
- James G. FitzPatrick, FACHE, President, Mercy Medical Center-Sioux City
- Robert P. Ritz, FACHE, President, Mercy Medical Center-Des Moines
- Brian Sims, FACHE, CEO, Lucas County Health Center
- Michael A. Wegner, FACHE, COO, Mercy Medical Center-Des Moines
And, welcome to these new members!
- David Kading, Director of Planning, UnityPoint Health-Des Moines
- Amy Sherman, HCI Hospice Care Services
- Amber Badolato, Business Partner-Commercial, Mercy ACO
- Jennifer Crimmins, Executive Director of Operations & Post Acute Strategy, UnityPoint Health
- Charlotte Jacobs, Advisory Strategic Client Executive, Cerner
- Stacey Klinker
- Shelby Leemans, Clinic Supervisor, Genesis Health Group-Pulmonary Associates
- Kristina McKenna, Administrative Fellow, UnityPoint Health
- Ian Montgomery, Director of Executive MHA Program, University of Iowa
- Matthew Murphy, CFO, Marengo Memorial Hospital
ACHE of Iowa’s Education Committee is working on our calendar of events for 2017. Our goal is to provide you with enough Face-to-Face credits in Iowa to recertify for your FACHE Board certification without leaving the state.
- Pick up 1.5 Face-to-Face credits by attending the ACHE panel presentation Improving the Health Status of Your Community on June 7 during IHA’s Summer Leadership Forum in Cedar Rapids. Here’s the link: http://www.ihaonline.org/brochures/summerforum.pdf
Interested in serving on a committee for ACHE of Iowa? Go to the leadership section of our website http://iowa.ache.org/index.php/leadership/ and contact the chairperson of the committee you are interested in serving on.
Check out our newly updated ACHE of Iowa website: http://iowa.ache.org. Save it to your desktop for quick access to our educational events calendar, newsletters, chapter leadership and job board.
Strong leadership is necessary for quality healthcare. Gain the knowledge and networking you need through ACHE of Iowa. Stay strong in your healthcare leadership.
David Hickman, FACHE
ACHE Regent for Iowa